As I start planning out my office, I know I’ll want some kick ass prints for an inspiring and motivating space. I’ve been searching etsy for some fun options. Today, I’ll share some epic prints that you should consider for your own home!
During the past two months, I’ve received over 20 home catalogs as we look for furniture to furnish a full second level (we’re currently in a one-bedroom apartment). And as I look through these different catalogs, I can’t help but think, “Why is this stuff so expensive?”
But I am a conscious consumer so I’ve been bookmarking and keeping track of the general themes I like. Like my looks for less, I am starting a new series Home for Less — where I look at rooms I love from these catalogs and make them up without spending a ton! Here is my first one.
The base total for this rooms is $9,413 and this doesn’t include all accent decor. With shopping around a bit, I was able to find complementary options that were half the price.
- Pottery Barn Sofa $899
- Pottery Barn Chair $599
- Moroccan Pouf $130
- World Market Coffee Table $229
- Pier One Kubu Mirror $200
- World Market Chandelier $200
- Square Lacquer Tray $34
- Madison Stripe Pillow, $43
- Target White Pillow $20
- DENY Yellow Pillow $39
- Target Navy Applique Pillow $25
Total Saved: $7,197
What about you?
Do you like to shop around for the best price or just buy full price?
Do you know what I hate? Well I hate cleaning. But what I hate even more, is inefficient cleaning. So when my bathroom cleaner that I bought for $5 wasn’t doing the job. I went to Pinterest. And what did I find? The perfect, budget friendly cleaning solution to get rid of soap scum, dirty shower doors, and messy bathroom counters.
This recipe is very easy and will last you a long time. All you need is a bit of Dawn and White Vinegar.
A few Pro Tips:
- You don’t need to microwave the mixture each time you need it.
- When I say gentle shake, I really mean turn upside down and right side up a few time to combine the mixture. If you shake it like a shake-weight you’ll end up with a spray bottle full of foam.
- If you hate the smell of vinegar, you might want to invest in some really strong essential oils from your local co-op or grocery store. If you really can’t handle the smell at all, this mixtures probably isn’t for you.
- All you need to do is get your surface a little wet, spray mixture, and scrub away. It will do the hard work!