Are you ready to impress everyone at your Christmas party? I have the perfect recipe for you. These cake pops have taken off over the past few years, in fact, many people have included them in their weddings. They are the perfect little treat. All of the ingredients can be purchased at Walmart or Michaels. Unfortunately, I did not check Target (although they might have them). Enjoy!
Christmas Cake Pops
– 1 yellow box cake mix
– 1 tub of frosting (I used green)
– 1 package candy melts
– Wax Paper
– Lollipop sticks
– Optional: Sprinkles
– Optional: Gift bags and Ribbon
1. Bake the cake, according to the cake’s instructions. Let sit for at least 15 minutes after taking out of the oven.
2. Now the fun part. After the cake has cooled completely, CRUMBLE cake in a large bowl.
3. Slowly mix in 3/4 of the tub of frosting with your clean hands (you won’t need to use the whole tub–but you can save the rest for later consumption).
4. Roll cake dough into quarter sized balls (should make around 40-45) and place onto baking sheet.
5. Melt your Candy Melts according to the package directions in a microwave safe bowl.
6. Dip the tip of your lollipop stick into the melted candy and place half way through the cake ball.
7. Place in the refrigerator to stiffen for about 15-20 minutes.
8. Insert cake pop into the melted candy with care. This part is difficult, to get a smooth outer you will want to take your time, but you can get creative and create cool swirls, and add sprinkles or other fun things.
9. Place in a styrofoam block to dry. This drying time can take 30 minutes to 1 hour. It depends on the environment.
10. Optional: Once dry, wrap in a pretty wrapper and tie with a bow.
These are a big hit wherever you go, so they are worth the time. Let me know below if you have questions or how everyone liked them.
What is your favorite holiday treat?