One of my favorite things about fall is the fun activities one can have in Minnesota. There is so much cuddling and cider being had at our residence, that I thought I would pass along this fun list of ideas. Give one of these a try this weekend!
- Have a movie/TV marathon night – whether you’re into Star Trek or Lost or Arrested Development, sit down with your honey and grab a nice hot apple cider and a blanket.
- Head to the Apple Orchard for some apple picking, hayrides, and other fun activities. If you buy apple cider there, when you get home you can do #1!
- Enjoy a nice morning at the farmers market. Use Trello to create your list and meal plans for the week. Don’t forget to grab a cup of coffee while your there to keep warm!
- Fall colors drive + picnic: Grab a salad or make some sandwiches, maybe grab a bottle of wine or some beers and spend time driving through the towns you know have beautiful fall colors.
- Grab tickets to your favorite local band or artist. One of Breski’s favorite activities is shows (the above photo is a local favorite, Brianna Lane).
What are some of your favorite date night activities?
This week, I decided to attend one of The Shows put on by MN Fashion Week. I have loved Christopher Straub since Project Runway and was really interested in seeing a runway show of his. Plus there were two very impressive other collections by Nicole Larson and Lindsey Hopkins. Here are some of my favorite looks (I got a little creative with some of them):
To see the whole collection, see my set on Flickr!
As I was driving home tonight I saw a McDonalds sign and instantly thought, “that sounds good.” But then right away I thought, no that is bad for me…I don’t need that right now.
Sure many of you could say to me that I can find healthier alternatives at McDonalds and while you are right the alternatives aren’t what I want from McDonalds. I want my McChicken meal with a diet coke. And usually I also want a hot fudge sundae. Why would I order the thing I don’t want (a salad) instead of the things I want? Even though I know it’s healthier.
So what do I do? I keep driving knowing that I can eat something both healthy and tasty at home.
I don’t know a time without McDonalds. Ever since I was little, McDonalds has been there. We used to go there every once and while when I kids. I have good memories. My weight does not.
They get a lot of crap from the media for being “unhealthy” along with a lot of other adjectives. And while I do agree they aren’t the healthiest, it is us (the consumer) who makes the choice to eat there. So don’t blame McDonalds for your weight gain. But they do a great job of making me hungry just by seeing their signs. And for that I just do everything in my power to resist going in or driving-thru.
Do you ever have to play two roles in your head?
photo credit: Thomas Hawk