Finally a week of normality. Can I get a big, AHHHH! It feels so good to be home and back to it after basically a month of straight travel. Don’t get me wrong, I LOOOVEEE to travel! But at the same time, I like spending my friday nights with Breon and Sen Jo at home, too!
Here are some of my favorite blogs from this past week that I wanted to share with you!
Weekend Round-Up (9/21/2013)
Oh and Minted is giving away $500 in Holiday Cards! Enter and hopefully you’ll win!
Have a wonderful and RELAXING weekend!
Over the last few years, I have seen bloggers make a fall to-do list. I love it. This year in order to do all the things I love in fall…I have copied this concept. This is my 2013 Fall Checklist! Feel free to use as inspiration for your own!
My Fall Checklist
- Apple picking
- Go on a picnic
- Buy an infinity scarf
- Make apple crisp
- Give thanks
- Go on a hike
- Have an apple cider
- Make and eat chili
- Attend happy hour yoga
- Carve pumpkins
- Make one fall craft
- Fall clean
- Create Christmas cards
- Check out a new brewery
- Drink a pumpkin latte
- Go to a high school football game
- Fall parade of homes
- Drink a chai latte
I know there are a lot of beverages on this list…but what can I say, fall is definitely my favorite warm beverage month!
What is on your Fall checklist?
After spending this last weekend at Healthy Living Summit in my home city, Minneapolis, I can happily say that I tried some new foods stuffs and am ready to share them with you! I can’t believe how many great products there are out there that I have never tried before…here are just a few of my favorites!
I ate these for a mini-breakfast. They are so good! If you like almonds, I recommend you give these a try!
We got about 6 of these in our Healthy Living Summit swag bag and they are all gone. That is how good they are. They have 4 grams of fiber and 13 grams of protein. Only ringing in at 180 calories, these are totally awesome. I tried and loved the Dark Chocolate Crunch and the Dark Chocolate Coconut Balance Bars!
Nom. Nom. NOM! I didn’t think I liked almond butter but I guess I do. This is a perfect addition to the mid-day apple you are going to have. I loved the flavor and it wasn’t over powering!
I am pretty sure B raised his eyebrows at me with this one, but meh, I don’t care I dig it. It’s a good apple flavor, not a fake one. Plus it has 3 grams of fiber with only 40 calories. That is something I can get behind!
Honestly, I was skeptical about this one. I LOVE my chocolate chip cookies the good ol’ fashion way. Made with lots of fat and sugar! But I must admit this cookie wasn’t bad and satisfied my post-lunch craving for sugar. Plus it has 12 grams of Protein (awesome for keeping your full), 3 grmas of fiber, and only 150 calories. Sounds good to me!
Not a huge fan of spice, I was also wondering about this one. It’s perfect blend of spice and sweet is awesome. It’s also not too chewy. I am a huge fan of this product and highly recommend you try it. Heck go big and try the sampler pack for game day! Just don’t blame me when everyone wants to come to your house for the game!
The last two came in the Kona Kase, which is a healthy food subscription sample pack you can have delivered to your home each month.
What have been some of your favorite new foods lately?
We got back from California and 4 days later, I hopped on a plane to Cleveland for Content Marketing World. It was fun to attend a conference but I am exhausted. I was going to post this sooner, but was too busy.
In Cali, we spent every day moving quickly from beach to beach to look at potential wedding venues. Instead of boring you with words, I created an infographic about our trip.
Where is your favorite beach in Northern California?
Today flew by and I feel like I was running all around AF corporate taking photos, catching up with folks, and trying to get stuff done. Who else loves checking off stuff on their list? This week I forgot to make my goals…argh! But I will instead give you an update on how I did last week!
- Workout 5 times – Do Focus T25, Fitness on Request, and Strength Train - I only got 4 workouts in. Need to work on sticking to my schedule!
- Pack healthy snacks for our road trip north – Packed healthy but only ate one baggy of carrots. I tend to eat the unhealthy packed food – next time won’t pack unhealthy!
- Focus on one project per day at work – Yes. I got the infographic done and the landing page. I will make sure to show you guys when they are live!
- Progress further on my freelance projects – Yes the two websites I am working on currently are coming along great!
- Continue communicating with wedding planner – Yes. We have the start of an itinerary going just need to fill in a few gaps!
- SLEEP at least 8 hours every night – Thanks to my shine, I was able to track my sleep. Average sleep per night was 7.5 hours. Pretty good, I think!
I will make new goals for the week when we return from California.
Lee and I did a photoshoot over lunch today for her upcoming park workout on the Anytime Fitness blog! It was so much fun, here is a sneak peek:
The workout should be a tough but versatile workout! It’s perfect for parents who have kids that play at the park! Stay tuned on the blog for that one!
Then Lee took me through a fun leg workout that I thought I would share with you guys. This is good for someone at an intermediate level. If you want to make it beginner – I recommend adding a 10 minute warm-up and cutting the amount in half.
Lower Body Workout
* Note: I am not a medical or licensed fitness professional. The workout presented above is something I came up with for my personal fitness. This workout may not be appropriate for everyone thus I am not responsible for any injuries or health conditions that may result from this workout…though I doubt anything will.
What is your favorite workout: Lower body, upper body, or cardio?